Monday, February 25, 2008

Following the Call


As many of you who read this blog (which is a few) already know, God has graciously opened a door for me to serve as the pastor of Memorial Baptist in Port Arthur, TX. Last weekend I went to preach in view of a call and the congregation unanimously called me to be their pastor. Blair and I are excited about what God is doing through us to minister in our community and with Memorial Baptist. You can understand there is also an overwhelming sense of the responsibility and challenges ahead. I believe in a very simple ministry philosophy- preach the Word, live the Word, and shepherd others to follow the Word. Isaiah 55:10-11 is clear that God's Word will accomplish its purposes and the Lord has laid on my heart that if Blair and I will simply trust in Him and be faithful to His Word, He will accomplish great things for the Kingdom.Naturally there is sadness for me because I am bringing to a close a chapter in my life that is youth ministry and particularly the rewarding ministry at First Baptist Groves. For Blair, she will be leaving the only church she has ever known or been a member of so you can imagine how difficult that is. We covet your prayers and I promise to use this blog to keep everyone informed on what's going on. This blog will also serve as a posting site of the regular newsletter articles I'll be writing to my new congregation in the church newsletter. Keep checking back to read prayer requests and praise reports!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget