Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pastoral Goals... Convictions... Values

As I prepare to begin my pastorate at Memorial Baptist Church I've tried to write out and articulate some of my personal goals. These aren't in any particular order but it is helpful to me to continue fleshing them out in some form so that I can more clearly communicate the Biblical convictions the Lord has laid on my heart. I also publish them here so that it will spur on thought and conversation in your minds as well. This isn't a mission statement or a strategy so I'm not interested in how I can make them more simple, memorable, or catchy. These are simply things that I pray and aim for as the Word does it's work in and through my life.

Ten Pastoral Goals:

1. To model Biblical headship as the priest, prophet, protector, and provider of my home (Ephesians 5:25-33; Genesis 2; Job 29)

2. To equip the body and proclaim the gospel through systematic Biblical expository preaching (1 Timothy 4:13-16; Ezekiel 37)

3. To lead the church in the development of a Biblical worldview and a Kingdom perspective in all things (Colossians 1:15-20; Daniel 1)

4. To make clear a Biblical understanding of the gospel and of conversion (Ephesians 2:1-10; Ezekiel 36)

5. To oversee the teaching and application of Biblical theology throughout the church (2 Timothy 2:14-26; 2 Kings 22-23)

6. To shepherd an authentic Biblical community which includes both formative and corrective church discipline (Galatians 6:1-6; Joshua 2, 7)

7. To guide a congregationally governed church led by Biblically qualified pastors and deacons (1 Timothy 3; Proverbs 3)

8. To cast and implement a vision for Biblical world mission to spread the gospel and the glory of God to all peoples (Acts 1:1-8; Psalm 67)

9. To develop a culture of sacrifice and service through a Biblical lifestyle (Acts 2:36-47; Micah 6)

10. To restore the Biblical model of marriage and family (Ephesians 5:22-25; 6:1-4; Deuteronomy 6)

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget