Monday, April 7, 2008

Why expositional preaching and what is it?

In days to come I want to revisit the "teaching without compromise" topic but I mentioned on Sunday one reason why I am committed to an expositional preaching ministry at Memorial. Feeding people the Word of God through Biblical exposition enables us to stand firm in adversity and carry out the mission for which we've been called. I developed that reason from 2 Timothy 2:1-2. To better define expositional preaching I'll turn you over to one of my preaching heroes, John Piper. Here is a link to a message (you can read or listen to it) on the subject which Piper gave at the 2006 "Together for the Gospel" conference in Louisville, KY. I greatly benefited from being at that conference and I hope his message informs and blesses you. There is also a clip of the panel discussion after the message (Piper is in the middle doing most of the speaking) that provides more explanation of Biblical expositional preaching. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Travis Cardwell said...

Yo! You going to T4G 08?

There was an error in this gadget