Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Degree for my Wife

I love my wife and I want to take the opportunity to thank her in as many public ways that I can for enduring with me and supporting me through seminary. This Friday I’ll receive (Lord willing and to Him be the glory) my Master of Divinity degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Many weeks I came home late on a Monday or Tuesday night because I was in class all day at the Houston campus and making the three-hour round trip. Many nights I was huddled around a computer working on a paper or buried in books doing my assigned reading. Blair, you were completely understanding and patient. Your words were always motivating to me and you kept my eyes focused on the prize. Thank you so much for being my help-mate and for being a godly wife. You deserve to have a degree conferred on you for all your endurance and labor alongside me. I love you babe! Now when do you want me to start on that doctorate??

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget