It is entirely possible to waste your church. Being part of a local church is a gift but but you waste your church if...
1. You don't see the people in your church as the family of God.
2. You think you are watching a performance rather than sharing in an offering of worship.
3. You don't value the spoken Word of God and mistake preaching for a motivational monologue.
4. You don't see the corporate gathering as preparing for lifestyle evangelism.
5. You stay up late Saturday night and are groggy before the Lord on Sunday morning.
6. You are tangled in sinful attitudes and habits.
7. You don't talk about what you learned and experienced in the Word with your spouse, children, and friends.
8. You don't make efforts to invest yourself and minister in the lives of the other church members.
9. You aren't a member and therefore aren't accountable.
10. You think church is the gospel itself.
If you haven't experienced the New Birth through faith in Jesus Christ and repentance from sin then you are not part of God's church and not a citizen of Heaven.