Friday, October 9, 2009

What He Must Be...

One of the growing influential voices in my home has been the Biblical counsel of Dr. Voddie Baucham who is a pastor, author, and speaker out of Houston, TX. His books, The Ever-Loving Truth, Family Driven Faith, and now What He Must Be… If He Wants to Marry My Daughter have really served to drive me to the Biblical texts in shaping my views on marriage, parenting, and living distinctly Christian in a culture with an increasingly anti-Christian attitude. I just recently finished the third book, What He Must Be and found it particularly helpful since my wife and I are expecting our first child- a son. We hope to have more so we are trying to absorb as much counsel as possible. This is excellent Biblical counsel and I’d highly recommend it. Also, below there are links to an interview with Dr. Baucham by Dr. Gary Chapman who authored, The Five Love Languages. This interview will provide you with an overview of the Biblical convictions Voddie teaches.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget