Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today's O'Post

Admittedly, I've always loved St. Patrick's Day. As a kid it was simply the holiday which always fell during the month of my birthday (I don't count the Ides of March but do love when Easter falls in March) so I thought it was cool. I liked wearing green. I enjoyed the pinching game. And of course when I was in school this always meant fun things would be planned on an otherwise laborious day. Sure my reasons were superficial but knowing a little more today about this fellow saint, Patrick of Ireland, I'm even more happy to celebrate.

Today I celebrate the gospel on this day. Patrick was a champion of the gospel in Ireland and his story is a challenge and inspiration. Russell Moore provides a brief biographical sketch HERE.
There was an error in this gadget