Friday, July 9, 2010

On this DATE in history...

Five years ago on this day Blair and I went to dinner at Cheddars (she had the catfish, I had the New Orleans pasta), played a round of Putt-Putt Golf (she won... barely), and then enjoyed ice cream at Marble Slab. It was our first date. We've had many more since not to mention getting married, buying a house, beginning a new ministry at a new church, and having a baby.

Thinking about that first date makes me all the more thankful of the Lord's kindness and grace to bring Blair into my life. Not every day has been as fun as that first date. We've had our challenges and will I'm sure have many more but I would not want to enjoy the peaks or struggle through the valleys with anyone else. Blair makes our home my most favorite place on earth. She adorns our home with warmth and love. When I think of how the Lord has used her to be a blessing I remember Ecclesiastes 9:9, "Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun."

First dates can often go really bad. Ours was great (I even brought her home 30 minutes before her dad told me to)... the beginning of a relationship that gets stronger and richer by the day. Needless to say, I'm well rewarded.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget