Friday, January 28, 2011

The Lord's Supper: A Baptist Perspective


I've got a shelf in my house full of books in my "queue". They are waiting to be read or at least perused. I'm reading two books now- one bound and one on my Kindle. Yet I cannot resist the lure of buying a new book. I am really trying to have self-control and patience in this matter! One book is hitting the shelves that is begging me to purchase it and I am more eager to read it than perhaps any other right now. That book is The Lord's Supper: Remembering and Proclaiming Christ Until He Comes. It has several contributors and is edited by Tom Schreiner and Matthew Crawford as part of B&H's NAC Studies in Bible and Theology series. This is a subject near to my heart and one I am eager to study more about as it is an essential element for congregational worship and for personal sanctification.
  • Here is a review by Keith Mathison at the Ligonier website.

  • Here is a review by Trevin Wax from his blog.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget