Monday, February 7, 2011

Six years Later...

Today is my wife's birthday. It is also an anniversary of sorts. Five years ago today Blair agreed to marry me. I'll never forget that day. The day before I was at seminary and sick as a dog with an allergy attack. I had to leave class it was so bad. By the time I got home that night I was miserable. We had planned to go to Kemah for her birthday and Blair was telling me we could cancel. Under normal circumstances I would have but I had a diamond ring burning a hole in my pocket and I could not wait another day to ask this amazing woman to be my wife. So I loaded up on allergy meds- it is a miracle I even woke up and was able to walk the next morning- and we headed for Kemah. We got there for lunch and I could hardly eat- which is rare for me. My lack of appetite had nothing to do with feeling bad (the meds had thankfully kicked in and the Lord gave me much needed energy) but I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

Here was this girl who the Lord had so graciously put in my life and we seemed to fit together so wonderfully. I didn't want to mess this up. Well after lunch, on a quiet stretch of the boardwalk, we sat down so I could give the birthday girl her gifts-- the final one being the ring. I'm not sure if I fumbled my words or not but I know she said yes... and a year later we were man and wife. So today I am thankful to be celebrating the birthday of the most supportive, most encouraging, most loving, funniest, kindest, most beautiful, and most godly woman I know. Yes it is Blair's birthday but I get the best gift... she is my wife.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget