Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Church Name

I know I mentioned about my next post being on the relational-aspect of the church plant and explaining more the home group component of church life but I'm going to put that off by one post. Instead I wanted to share the name of the church plant and why. Our church will be called:


Cross Point Church


Naming a church is more difficult than naming a child (there's more people in the decision process)! This name is chosen because it meets the criteria: simple, unique to our area, and avoids reasonable and negative presuppositions (no one is likely to jump to conclusions based on the name about the church holding to un-Biblical beliefs or practices). More importantly the name points to Christ our King and His redemptive work on the cross. We want everything we do to point to this and so the name fits.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget