Friday, September 23, 2011

How will you use these final 100 Days?


All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Today marks the first official day of Fall (the Autumnal Equinox) but it is also the first day of the last 100 days of the year. I remember well writing out goals and resolutions for my first 100 days as pastor at Memorial Baptist in Port Arthur. Many of those goals and all of the resolutions got carried over beyond those first days. Now I'm at my final 100 days as pastor of Memorial before diving full-in with planting Cross Point Church in Beaumont. So I'm thinking and praying a lot about finishing well and how my leadership and ministry with the saints at Memorial would be most edifying and most glorifying to God. I'm a list guy so naturally I've made another list of goals (my resolutions remain) for these last weeks and days of 2011.

Have you thought about your final 100 days of 2011? We put a lot of stock in "New Year's Resolutions" which usually fizzle by March. How about putting more thought into finishing well. Consider Ephesians 5:15-16, "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." Give thought and prayer today to what you'll do with the remaining time the Lord allows this year.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget