Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Don Whitney in the Golden Triangle

Several years ago I was handed a book called Spiritual Disciples for the Christian Life. I barely looked it over because at that time in my life I barely read anything that wasn’t a sports page or a sci-fi novel (yep, nerd alert). A few years later the Lord convicted me to cultivate better study and reading habits—first in Scripture and second in every other area of study I was working on in college. Over a brief period of time I became an avid reader and that book I’d heretofore hardly noticed leapt off the shelf and I dug through it like a treasure hunt. It served as a catalyst for further growth in my devotional life with Christ. The author, Don Whitney, would later be used as a blessing through his books, Spiritual Disciplines within the Church and Family Worship. These are treasure troves and I’m thankful for how God has used this man as an author but especially at Southern Seminary.

This weekend he will be in the Golden Triangle leading a conference February 24-25. Click on the link provided below for more information. If you are in the area (Houston folks, we’re only 90 miles away) take advantage of this conference. At only $10 per person it is a bargain! You will be encouraged and equipped. If you are a pastor, I am helping to host a dialogue time with Dr. Whitney at a nearby coffee shop at 3:30pm on Friday. Aside from a casual time of discussion you also get free coffee and a free book for showing up! Just shoot me an email if you’re interested and want the details (jbradshaw [at] gmail [dot] com). Hope you can be in attendance and seize this opportunity to be challenged and fed from God’s Word.

Go HERE to find our conference schedule and registration information.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget