Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New House!

One of my favorite things these days is to hear my son putting sentences together. He's 2 1/2 so you have to do a bit of translating but one of his most oft used phrases recently, whenever we are out and about it, "I want to go to the new house." We moved to Beaumont 18 days ago. The whole finding a house, moving, and closing on our house in Groves was frantic and sudden. Don't get me wrong- I'm very thankful the Lord provided a buyer and a home for us to live in the city where we're planting a church but it was a big change real quick. It took us a few days to feel like we weren't just staying at someone else's house but one of the things that has made the transition so smooth and joyful is how my son has fallen in love with the "new house". He loves his room, the big backyard, and the fireplace hearth that he can climb on. It really is a great place for us to live but let's face it, change is difficult. So I'm thankful to the Lord for using my son to cast off anxiety and other attitudes that might otherwise rob us of the joy from such tremendous blessings. God is so good like that. He helps us see what great things He's provided and overcomes obstacles to joy. We're thrilled about getting to know neighbors and being so close to our church family. We're really glad we've got a good place for our kids to enjoy but mostly we're thankful to belong to God and know that He provides for all our needs as He has provided for our greatest need in Christ.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget